Protecting patients, pharmacists and families one day at a time.
Who Are We?
The West Virginia Pharmacist Recovery Network also known as the WVPRN is a peer run, non-profit pharmacy (501c3) organization dedicated to the identification, treatment, monitoring and support of pharmacy personnel impaired by medications, alcohol or psychiatric disorders.
The purpose of the WVPRN is to accomplish the following:
• The early identification of the impaired pharmacy professional.
• Outline facilities for evaluation and referral.
• Persuade the impaired pharmacy professional to enter appropriate treatment.
• Monitor the pharmacy professional’s rehabilitation and reentry into the profession.
• Provide education to the pharmacy professionals of West Virginia, about the disease of chemical dependency.
• Promulgate a structured operating procedure.
• Establish a statewide network to work with WVPRN.
• Establish the criteria for training those involved and oversee it.
• Support the Directors by providing information on resources available for treatment and rehabilitation.
• Monitor the progress of each case through reports from the clients, volunteers, counselors, and drug screening agencies.
• Provide continuing education programs that will address the diseases of chemical dependency on an annual basis.
Our mission is to ensure the public safety from impaired pharmacy practice, we endeavor to identify, intervene upon, advocate for, monitor, and provide support, help, and hope to pharmacists, pharmacy interns, students, or pharmacy technicians experiencing addiction or mental health disorders.
“Protecting patients, pharmacists and
families one day at a time”